Cleaning and disinfecting shared technology devices, such as keyboards, mice, iPads, robots, and VR equipment, is a best practice to help prevent the spread of illnesses in classrooms.
Apple released recommendations in regards to what you should and should not do when cleaning your tech products. These same practices apply to all your tech devices:
- Use disinfecting wipes and 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items.
- Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
- Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
- Don’t get moisture into any openings.
- Don’t use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives.
- Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the item.
Students should use personal headphones/earbuds. When this is not possible and headphones are shared, follow the procedures for disinfecting listed above between uses.